breaker switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. New to ponds and water pumps. I've been having a bit of trouble with the above. I've turned the water pump on by switching the breaker switch on. Recently it ran for around 4 seconds then cut out. This gradually got less before cutting out. Now the red light on the breaker is showing a solid red light and the pump will not work at all. The pipes are clear as well as the filter. Any ideas of the problem folks?☺

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That means it is ground fault so means a short some where either in your wiring or in the pump or the breaker is bad or to small to handle the load .But more than likely a short some where

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Once a GFI has been tripped several times they need to be replaced. Most will not reset after several trips. Check your pump wiring and where you have it plugged in for exposed wiring or dampness. Also, how much of a load is on that breaker? The circuit may be overloaded.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys. I'll need to check the load on it. It's my mother's pond, and she lives a few hours away. But next time I'm over I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice guys.

Ask a Question