Bringing garden fish inside for winter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had brought in my rosy minnows from my barrel pond a few weeks ago. They are in a rubbermaid container( black plastic feed dish)with the pond plants and a sponge filter. They are doing well. Waited until yesterday to bring in my 3 very large goldfish from their 100 gallon tank. Weather here in upstate NY really cooling off. They had stopped eating. Bailing out water. Will get my husband to fit a hose to drain plug. Too old to do this again. Also they had grown so much forgot to buy a bigget net. They weren't happy with me. In the basement with a light. I brought in remaining watter lettuce. In a large plastic tote I have used before. All settled in. Treated us to a few fancy guppies and snails and an algea eater for a livingroom aquarium. With my elderly handi capped foster cat and crazy rescue Chihuahua, and a grumpy old husband , I should have a busy winter! Come Spring a new design for the big tank. Surrounding it with stone and a spitter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Waited until yesterday to bring in my 3 very large goldfish from their 100 gallon tank.
What size is their indoor tank? Sounds like you are ready for a cold, snowy winter! Enjoy your tropical aquarium and think 'Spring!'

Reaction score
Country
United States
100 gallon black stock pond from Tractor suppy. Largest one I could get in my suv!.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yes. A flat filter which works really good. Large sponge filter and waterfall filter. Overkill probably.

Ask a Question