broken lotus leads

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@mrsclem ; I just received a white lotus from Tricker and they had it packed in what looks like paper shreds in a double bag. I knew to be careful with lotus and I gently took the ball out of the package and started to take some of the paper away to find which end was up since they had the only 2 stems wrapped around the outside of the ball, when they broke off. I couldn't believe it. I barely touched it.

So, since you're one of our lotus experts, can you tell me what my chances are that it's okay and will put out more stems/leaves? I planted it anyhow, hopeful. The whole tuber wasn't very large, maybe 3/4" x 3" and the two leads were maybe 6" with each leaf still furled.

It seems ordering online without actually seeing/holding an actual plant is getting more and more risky, but I couldn't find any white lotus locally.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You might luck out since it was leaves. I lost all the leaves on my seedlings due to frost. About half the plants have new leaves. I would give it a chance but I think maybe call Truckers and let them know what happened. You never know, they may send another plant.

Ask a Question