Brokensword's bit of pond heaven [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My neighbor blames my pond for all his mosquitoes even though i have no stagnant water and the pond across the street covered in lilies and has next no no flow cant be the source its too far away 50 yrds. I got a new sticker for my helmet yesterday. "Most people should substitute chap stick with glue sticks "
well, to be fair, I bet not 1 in 100 peeps knows mosquitoes don't breed in moving water. Sort of shows the problem; need to educate more and then pay attention to what we've learned.

So hopefully you 'educated' the neighbor and did so in that loving, charming Hogmaster way!
:p:p

smile-alt1-merged-layers3.gif

• Love
Reactions: j.w
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nope just said wtf and you dumb f get a clue
ya DO know this is gonna make getting you elected a bit more difficult, right??? And I'm referring to GPF positions upon any future coup! You know, when Ian fails to get us a new coffee maker and the peasants have just had enough!

:rolleyes:

smilie sword twirl.gif

• Love
Reactions: j.w
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
guess i should have used the glue stick

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm so glad you took the time to finally create your showcase. I love your pond. Your pictures are awesome.

I really liked seeing the expansion you did. What a lot of work. And when I saw those board bridges all I could imagine was trying to maneuver over boards while being exhausted from working - I would have fallen off for sure.

I had to smile at some of those pictures of the turtles and frogs. What great shots. And your landscaping is beautiful.

I really would like to have my pond and patio enclosed like yours. Maybe some day. So glad I know where to find these pictures for when I want to go back and get some ideas.

Now don't forget to keep updating this thread!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm so glad you took the time to finally create your showcase. I love your pond. Your pictures are awesome.

I really liked seeing the expansion you did. What a lot of work. And when I saw those board bridges all I could imagine was trying to maneuver over boards while being exhausted from working - I would have fallen off for sure.

I had to smile at some of those pictures of the turtles and frogs. What great shots. And your landscaping is beautiful.

I really would like to have my pond and patio enclosed like yours. Maybe some day. So glad I know where to find these pictures for when I want to go back and get some ideas.

Now don't forget to keep updating this thread!
sorry, cas, I missed this! Very kind words, I thank you! The benefit of having it enclosed eclipses the detriment of an open-air view. It takes away a lot of most other ponders' predator issues. And I never really gave that a thought when I first built it. Happy to have stumbled into the idea, though.

And remember, NE Ohio is VERY close to SE Mich, don'tcha know! ;) Welcome to visit anytime you're in the area!

smt1.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beautiful!
thank you very much! Sure do wish I'd done this sooner in life, but then maybe I wouldn't have had as much time to enjoy it back then! Hopefully some of MY ideas can help others in THEIR dream pond version!

smt1.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just spent a half hour drooling over your photos and have just covered my pitiful little pond with an old tarp - afraid the Google Earth satellites might snap a picture of it and people here might see it...your build is just jaw-dropping.

• Haha
Reactions: cas
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just spent a half hour drooling over your photos and have just covered my pitiful little pond with an old tarp - afraid the Google Earth satellites might snap a picture of it and people here might see it...your build is just jaw-dropping.
well, how very nice of you to say, Relic! Much appreciated! You have to remember I started with a much more modest vision and I heartily believe LPS is real, so as time goes on, no doubt you'll enhance and tweak until that tarp is a figment of your imagination! I think each pond means so much to its owner, much more than pics and words can every convey. I didn't comment/help much when I started and in time, you'll be one to follow with YOUR insights and creation!

Hopefully the half hour gets you to come back again and you know you're always welcome.!
smt2b.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Brokensword, I just love your pond!
Thank you very much, Barb; a lot of credit goes to GPF members helping along the way! Thanks for traipsing on the edge of my bit of heaven!

smt2b.gif

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bravo! Just gorgeous. To boot, that cold frame over the water is inspiring....I've got a trough with a handful of Black Moors on a West wall in upstate NY (z5a) who shiver every year. We were dragging a clawfoot tub into the house for them this year, but this....is so much better. Thank you for the beauty and the idear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question