Ace - Asagi

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 12.59.45 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
dot and spot :love:
A LOT of the names were chosen so my wife can remember them (I'm making it more difficult though with all this MFA stuff!) and those were two names for that reason as I could not think of anything clever for 'sanke'. As time went on, I deviated and just looked for some thing that the color was mirrored to in real life, to help her remember names. She named a few--THOSE she WILL recall if asked, I note!

Too, when I started with koi, we were heavy into Dr. Who, so some fish got character names from that show. The turtles are also named for Dr Who characters; Capt Jack, Rory, Bill. Gemma is the only one NOT a Who character as one of my four died (named Martha, so didn't want to jinx the next female turtle) and 'Bill' I THOUGHT was a female but turned out to be a male. The name stuck though!

Last edited by a moderator:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My faves have always been the ones w/ the butterfly flowing fins! All the others are beautiful too but still I love the Butterflies and the way they cruse through the pond like they are flying.
Now @brokensword can you make these fish swim below cuz I can't find any Butterfly koi that move online.

1639592885638.png

Bfly koi swim.png

And maybe make them smaller? Please :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My faves have always been the ones w/ the butterfly flowing fins! All the others are beautiful too but still I love the Butterflies and the way they cruse through the pond like they are flying.
Now @brokensword can you make these fish swim below cuz I can't find any Butterfly koi that move online.

View attachment 145384

View attachment 145385
I got one; if this doesn't do it for you, I'll take a whack at the above. Easy when they've already got some white space around them...

koi circle.gif

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, those are some pretty fish! Had a hard time picking my favorite - I narrowed it down to Sunny, Stinger and Ginger.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, those are some pretty fish! Had a hard time picking my favorite - I narrowed it down to Sunny, Stinger and Ginger.
well, cas, I won't tell the others you've snubbed them, but I surely understand! Ifn ya ever comes ta visit, I'll forewarn the 'others' and tell them you'll feed them just the same! Probably will warm up to ya, then! Glad you liked!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

View attachment 145384

View attachment 145385
just read the part about 'smaller'; sowwy for the medium version; here's a smaller one;

koi-swimming-2sml.gif

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Had a request for pics of my fish, so here's the current koi listing...the gf are shubinkins, comets, sarassa comets, and one fantail. Haven't cataloged those, yet. Overview, then some larger pics below in next replies.

View attachment 145336
Hahaha, I named so many of my fish too. People think I'm crazy. My ghost is all black with silver fins, because he's hard to see all you notice is the large flowing fins and looks ghostly. I need an underwater camera. Christmas is coming hehe.

• Love
Reactions: j.w
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hahaha, I named so many of my fish too. People think I'm crazy. My ghost is all black with silver fins, because he's hard to see all you notice is the large flowing fins and looks ghostly. I need an underwater camera. Christmas is coming hehe.
well, the old adage is; the ones you name are the ones the heron gets...BUT, I sorta have an advantage with heron protection, ya know?

My Ghost started out almost all silver and blackened up with age. He's a 'ghost koi' per consumer naming and I just kept it. I like the more black as I'm a contrast kind of guy. I DID have an all black one but he didn't make it a month. And yeah, very hard to see from the top but my UW cam was still working then and I saw him easily that way. Still working on a fix for the cam, but I DO have a sports/action cam with an UW housing. They're fairly inexpensive these days, so by all means, PUT IT ON YOUR LIST! It's a whole new world/perspective for ponders--you won't regret it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question