addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Every time I go to home depot, I stop at petsmart (right next door) just to check out their shubunkins. They usually have very few, must sell fast. These two lil ones have been in the tank for a few weeks now, not much color. So I brought them home, felt sorry for the lil ones.

DSC03144.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
They could colour up to a nice blue. Nice addition to the pond!
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have them in the deck pond, by running the stream just a few minutes I can cycle the water without any of the water getting into the big pond. Will do this for awhile to see if they stay healthy.

Thanks I liked them and been watching the two for a while. The tank was empty except these two

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awwww, that was so nice of you and they look pretty nice to me, like little dalmatian puppies w/ their speckles :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
A few years ago blushing shubunkins were kind of a fancy fad with some of the goldfish breeders. I haven't seen them as regular as I was. Those both seem to have that blushing gill plate. They should be interesting to watch grow to say the least. Not the prettiest now but really they have the potential to possibly do some surprising as they grow. And we all know they will have plenty of room to grow! Who knows they may turn out to be something really special.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Addy, It will be interesting how they turn out. One of my favorite comets is a petsmart reject I bought a few years back. The Petsmart by us get their new fish on Thursday, but I don't know if all their stores get fish on the same day. Unfortunately the new ones a lot of times are stressed out and it's safer to buy a fish that has been sitting in the tank a week or more.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They get them on friday here. They must not get a lot of them, when I do wander by there is usually none or very few in the tank even just 3 days later. The petsmart here has a ton of koi, some beautiful butterfly ones, that gold color. I just do not want koi. Love my plants.

I don't make a special drive to look for them, have to drive to town to check them out...............

I will keep them in the deck pond for a while, prob the summer, it is too shallow for fish during the winter. By the end of summer they should have some size on them.

Ask a Question