Buddy, the turtle

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
After advice of my lord, BS, I got some pics of my future pond king, Buddy, a graptemys...i got it for less then a year and for now it s leaving in an aquarium at basement. It got filter and solar raptor for basking
20211208_190550.jpg
20211208_190527.jpg
20211208_190502.jpg
20211208_190440.jpg
20211208_190428.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
HEY @Jhn !!! SEEEE? We gots another turtle lover amongst us! GB is gonna be overrun, just watch!

Nice looking turtle, Dime; as I noted to you earlier, almost makes me want to get one for MY pond. Love the ridges, NOW THAT I CAN SEE THEM! heh heh

So, your dog can teach Buddy now how to pose on an island for summer pics, right? And though the girls won't oooh and ahhh over him, the rest of us reptile-nerds will!

Welcome Buddy to GPF!

ah, @j.w ? ain't ya got some sort of turtle welcome anigif fer fellow royalty Dime???? C'mon, you KNOW you wanna!

smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif

ohhh @Stephen Noble ; can Neptune come out to play???

heh

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Like i said, is like a ninja and faster then a cheetah when you want make a pic during basking time....i wish that in the pond will be more brave...

i love its ridges eheh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Like i said, is like a ninja and faster then a cheetah when you want make a pic during basking time....i wish that in the pond will be more brave...

i love its ridges eheh
another thought; IF your camera (not sure what you're using) has some sort of motion trigger, you can set up a tripod and aim it at the basking area and when Buddy moves out of the water, the pic is triggered. My Pentax can do this but not sure phone cams can. Or maybe there's some sort of sensor you can rig up to it for the same effect? I know once summer hits and your routinely sit by the pond, Buddy should get used to you (and your cam) and pics will be easier. I always told my wife once new turtles were introduced to the pond; slow movements, no wild flailing about getting out of the patio chair and going inside for something as usually, all 4 would be basking somewhere near us (I purposefully put the basking logs near; for pics and to get used to our presence). We now can talk and get in/out of chairs easily and the turtles don't seem bothered anymore.

@Jhn ; do your DBTs get skittish when you're around the pond?

stm2.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Right now i can't make a "trap" photo, we will see if in the pond it will be more brave and can make some nice pics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks from Buddy
yeah, he don't talk much, @addy1 and you need an interpreter for whatever he DOES say, so...btw, am going to nominate Buddy as GPF mascot, at least for 2022 if it's okay with you??? I mean for the Eurasian division of GPF!

heh heh

stm.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
ya musta misssed; I said TURTLE welcome....sheesh!

View attachment 145104
I got the post up there in the reply thingy by mistake. Click expand up there and you will see my welcome to Buddy! Buddy is a turtle right and not a dog?

I sure do wish @Ian would let us put an ani in our siggy. getting tired of forgetting to put Queen thing in and having to go back an edit all the time. My brain is losing a few brain cells each year and ya never know what kind of ani may pop up in error and it might be detrimental to others healthy views :happy:

1639069629621.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got the post up there in the reply thingy by mistake. Click expand up there and you will see my welcome to Buddy! Buddy is a turtle right and not a dog?

I sure do wish @Ian would let us put an ani in our siggy. getting tired of forgetting to put Queen thing in and having to go back an edit all the time. My brain is losing a few brain cells each year and ya never know what kind of ani may pop up in error and it might be detrimental to others healthy views :happy:

View attachment 145117
@j.w ; what I do is keep my anigif(s) on my desktop, right next to the reply window area, and when I'm done, simply drag one over. Not too hard once you get in the habit, but I DO echo your thoughts. Though, THIS way, it's easier to switch lil knightly twirlys depending on my mood/response, which is easier than changing my siggy all the time, so maybe a blessing? HEY! Didcha get yer Christmas version? Just checking...not admonishing for not using as tis yours and I'm not the siggy police! Though, I'm pretty sure GB once was (CW took that title over!) , until we converted him with your lil biker! OH, reminds me; I got a Christmas one for him too...gotta wait until he parks his bike in front of my sword to give it to him...

easy to drag and drop...watch---
sto.gif
st.gif
smilie-sword-twirl-ninja2.gif
stp.gif
stm.gif
stm2.gif
sA.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@brokensword that's exactly where I have it and I still forget it! I haven't found my prezzie yet. I assume it is somewhere amongst all the postings or are you going to make me search for it in some asylum that you were once detained at? I swear.............and I do try not to but sometimes you speaky the foreign language of an expired planet out there o_O

Oh look I remembered it this time!
1639070987819.gif

Ask a Question