j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
it worked,yay! I had to put my pointer at the bottom of my image and slowly move it up till the image turned blue and then hit ctrl and C and then went to my account in signature and hit ctrl and V and clicked save and it worked! Thanks a bunch at @Dimelius

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Trying it out............................did what @Dimelius said
ah, IMAGE LINK, not copy of the gif per se...okay, trying...hmm, nope, just got the url. @j.w , exactly from where are you getting the link? I chose one of my posts, right clicked the Christmas sword twirly, and got a link but that's all I got; no animated gif, either in my siggy or in the post, here. Gonna experiment but at least we're getting closer!

(normal drag and drop coming...
smilie-sword-twirl-Christmas.gif
)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
it worked,yay! I had to put my pointer at the bottom of my image and slowly move it up till the image turned blue and then hit ctrl and C and then went to my account in signature and hit ctrl and V and clicked save and it worked! Thanks a bunch at @Dimelius
well, well, well; @Dimelius and @j.w , I think I GOT it! I highlighted my lil twirly in a post and right clicking clicked save image link, then went to my siggy page where control v did NOT work. Tried right clicking for 'insert link' but again, got only url text. Then went to insert link on the SIGGY PAGE options, and voila! it showed up and was animated! See below! At least for the season, going with it in my siggy but will prob keep easier options open in the future as drag and drop has become second nature for me now...

the difference between us might be I'm on a Mac; I know jw you're on a pc and suspect so is Dime. I DO believe you HAVE to first post the anigif HERE on some post to get the url needed for the siggy. Dime probably copied his from the pm I sent and jw, you just did the drag and drop like I did. Now, I bet if you were to try and copy from another site, this might not work, though it might be fun to try. That said, it also might put your future use of said anigif in jeopardy as if that other site gets rid of it, you might lose it altogether. So, my idea would be to first drag and drop to your own computer, do the same then to a post, then use that post to get the url you need for the siggy.

Okay, a good day's sleuthing done! Thanks Dime for blazing the path; you're doing SO WELL on your midterm exam for knight-in-training, don't you think j.w???? C'mon, ya gots ta admit, he did well! Sorta makes you want to adopt him too, hey?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
just figured something else out; once placed IN your siggy, it then gets put in ALL your posts, PAST and PRESENT. Sooooo, since I'm using 'themes' ala the Christmas one now, it shows up everywhere and will into the new year, so out mine comes; I'll just drag and drop per my mood/post intention! I've gotten used to doing it anyway. You might want to drag and drop your lil Christmas Queenie too, @j.w , for similar reasons. Of course, you can always switch it out after the season, and all your posts will go back to whatever you put in your siggy at that time. Sorta thought once a post was made, the siggy info would be static for THAT post but seems it's dynamic.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@brokensword I used copy image for my choice after I turned the image blue to copy and then just pasted to my siggy and did not use link image other wise when I tried the link thing it put text along w/the image here in my post. After Christmas I will just switch back to the regular queen image. I will need to post it here once manually to get it to copy and then paste again to my siggy and then all will be good.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I tried the cut and paste nothing worked. ie for sig
.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
just figured something else out; once placed IN your siggy, it then gets put in ALL your posts, PAST and PRESENT. Sooooo, since I'm using 'themes' ala the Christmas one now, it shows up everywhere and will into the new year, so out mine comes; I'll just drag and drop per my mood/post intention! I've gotten used to doing it anyway. You might want to drag and drop your lil Christmas Queenie too, @j.w , for similar reasons. Of course, you can always switch it out after the season, and all your posts will go back to whatever you put in your siggy at that time. Sorta thought once a post was made, the siggy info would be static for THAT post but seems it's dynamic.

View attachment 145211
Understood, ya if want change every time for any event in the year, you have to add manualy every time ;) But i'm just a simple squire ahahah

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I tried the cut and paste nothing worked. ie for sig
View attachment 145235
try my method, addy; highlight the above anigif, select copy image link (or similar), then go to siggy, click on the 'insert link' button, click, and it should appear and be animated. That's how I got mine to work. I'm on a Mac.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Understood, ya if want change every time for any event in the year, you have to add manualy every time ;) But i'm just a simple squire ahahah
ah, NOT so simple, methinks! You're the one who figured it out! addy outta be giving YOU a raise!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
well, well, well; @Dimelius and @j.w , I think I GOT it! I highlighted my lil twirly in a post and right clicking clicked save image link, then went to my siggy page where control v did NOT work. Tried right clicking for 'insert link' but again, got only url text. Then went to insert link on the SIGGY PAGE options, and voila! it showed up and was animated! See below! At least for the season, going with it in my siggy but will prob keep easier options open in the future as drag and drop has become second nature for me now...

the difference between us might be I'm on a Mac; I know jw you're on a pc and suspect so is Dime. I DO believe you HAVE to first post the anigif HERE on some post to get the url needed for the siggy. Dime probably copied his from the pm I sent and jw, you just did the drag and drop like I did. Now, I bet if you were to try and copy from another site, this might not work, though it might be fun to try. That said, it also might put your future use of said anigif in jeopardy as if that other site gets rid of it, you might lose it altogether. So, my idea would be to first drag and drop to your own computer, do the same then to a post, then use that post to get the url you need for the siggy.

Okay, a good day's sleuthing done! Thanks Dime for blazing the path; you're doing SO WELL on your midterm exam for knight-in-training, don't you think j.w???? C'mon, ya gots ta admit, he did well! Sorta makes you want to adopt him too, hey?
No prob, like a good squire i go ahead...if something goes wrong or got a trap...my knight still alive and will get revenge!

YA i'm using a normal PC....

And btw Buddy is a bit upset coz we aren't speaking of it ahahhahah

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No prob, like a good squire i go ahead...if something goes wrong or got a trap...my knight still alive and will get revenge!

YA i'm using a normal PC....

And btw Buddy is a bit upset coz we aren't speaking of it ahahhahah
well, I'd cut and paste Buddy, but...well..., do you really think he's gonna fit in my siggy??? I dunno, might be an idea for a later time, Dime!! The girls just ain't gonna like what happens then, I bet!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Damn, she is the super Boss, i wont like enemies...i choose my battles :p
no, no, no; SUPER BOSS yes, but she likes ta know where all her lil fumblejets ARE. When we speak up, she knows where to walk down the halls, don'tcha know? We're actually doing her a favor; no worries! Yell and scream all you want, that's what I hear alla time; not like it does much except wake up the mice. heh heh

Ask a Question