bugs grrrrrrrrrr

Reaction score
eek.gif
OMG was watching the minnows yesterday and see Anchorworms on 3 of the 12 in my biggest pond. My big girls are just laying on the bottom. Was very up set. Going to go get some stuff called program to treat them with today. Cant find dimalin anywhere all sold out.:wink:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Can you get the fish out and isolate them for treatment? If you can, drain the pond and sterilize everything with bleach.

Water plants can be immersed for several hours in treated clorinated city water to try and rid the worms. I use trash cans with liners to do this.

Reaction score
:wink: Treated the pond with program today. cought all the big girls and checked them over. No bugs at all on them, But man there fins are streaked with red. One was red and inflamed all up both sides. She was in tuff shape am pretty worried about her. Treated them with iadine . Put her in a dip takn of melafix and stress coat. Seemed to help her a lot. Scraped and scoped, nothing, checked water all was in safe range. I am baffled as to the stress cause. nothing new added just rearanged the plants and filter. Go figure, hope things are better on the marrow. :confused2: This is the one so sick. Sunrise is her name.

Attachments

• 100_1043.jpg
    100_1043.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 297
Reaction score
:claphands: She is doing better swimming and eating. Red places look much better as well. fins still kinda red but improving slowly. Waters getting pretty cold now. Got some more program in case I need to re treat.:goldfish:

Reaction score
Nope! I think the red on her sides was from squeezing between some blocks and the side of the pond. They are now out, The red fins, no clue. Stress of some kind. She is still not as active as she used to be still worried about her.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Here in Escondido, the pond has dropped to 71 deg F.
Another thought occurred to me here. If they have eggs, they should be laying them again soon. 70 deg is supposed to be the optimum temperature. I still have over 250 from June.

Reaction score
The water is down to 60 deg.f. The girls are a little slower and a little less active. Never had to deal with spawning so far. Added 2 koi that I hope are male. To cold for the shorts, have to have the waders on to get the plants cut back and put in the bottom. Sunrise seems to get a little better each day. Hope this has not made her to week to get through the winter.

Ask a Question