BUILDING A KOI POND

Larry Dinglo

My beautifil koi
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hello everyone so I am sharing my experience with building my koi pond and the spray-lining. Did a lot of research and found some great guidelines while building. Now when looking at starting a KOI pond you must look at filtration, concrete construction for the walls and slab bottom. When I looked at the pricing the cheapest quote I received from a professional was about $21,600, highest quote was around $40,000. I came to the comparison that this was the perfect time to have a DIY project to save money. When studying everything, I found that I could build one around $9,600. I found that a Filter House is much more logical than the Water Garden Style, open to suggestions here for what you use. Here is where the real work comes in, looking at how to line your KOI pond. Here is where the research got in depth. I came across spray-linings for the flooring of my Koi pond. I looked all over for a good solution, I had seen very bad roll-on lining for the flooring, but then concluded the great talks and comparison of reviews for truck bed liner companies which are also similar or same Polyurea used in ponds. I found that it is a Polyurea and not Polyurethane, which if you are not familiar with the two, Polyurea is the best, just look up and see the differences or look for another post of the conclusion.

Edit: Links removed by admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I had my pond 8' deep x 24' x 12' prepped and sprayed with Polyurea by a contractor for $4000.
poly.jpg

Ask a Question