Building automatic aeration pond sweep

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Now ,that final filters are up and running GOOD ,I'm Building a flow aeration assist bottom sweep ,that I hope will keep bottom free of residule builtup and send to the filters automatically ,so many ideas so little time ,what a rush!

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
When I post,A lot of Details,Response s extreamely limited ,not sure if its laughter ,yawn ,B>S>,or I can do that ,probably ,alittle of all four,I often wonder ,if I'm wasting my time ,po ing people ,to boot,or just talking to myself on line,which is really stupid I already know what I trying to do, All that aside ,The idea is to provide enough current to gentle flush ,affluient ,dust particals from the power plant, fish do ,all non wanted semi floating items to the pumps suction points to go to the filters.In my case a sq. ring slotted at the perimeter 1" off the bottom all slots faceing the drain with good waterflow aided w/venturi air intake suppling loop current and air to continually move unwanted accumulation to the suction point ,then only leaves and lrg. remain to be manually removed ,while proving cross current and added air to the pond.Powered by a separate pump ,controlable use and flow to match needs ,at least it sound good to me ,time and experimentation will tell ,any thoughts?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Will be interesting to see how this experiment works for you multi. It does sound good on paper!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Will be neat, let us know the outcome

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Will be neat, let us know the outcome
I will ,by end of week should have done ,tested and played with .Just one day ,after second W/F defuser filter aerator boxes installed ,I am amazed at the crap those two final filter, caught ,before re-entering the pond ,super easy to clean and re-install , now if this other works out near as well I'll be a HAPPY camper.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I tried a bubbler for my pond for winter are you useing an actual aerator to build this thing .Sounds almost like those things they use under the gravel in fish tanks I have seen ,but not sure .Would like to see pics to figure out your build idea .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My interest stems from what I want to do with my box turtle portion of the pond. Have a section fenced off, with a false floor so the boxies have a box turtle-safe watering hole, but wanted to come up with some kind of spraybar (or something) to go underneath the false floor that would help move their waste out into the general circulation. I sort of "boxed myself in," 'cause I made a massive PVC pipe support frame to hold up the false floor - this would be the target area for my spray bar -- and it's going to be very difficult for me NOW to get anything up underneath there.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
001.JPGSissy ,rough draft of concept ,single pump split feed ,outer perimiter both ponds ,w/ venturi abover pump feeding air to both in water supplied to both ponds ,size and placement of cuts in one way loops ,will be the trick to achieve so what even flow thru out .Buts thats the starting point of the plan right now!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Was wondering how it would flow out even .I know they do that with fish tanks under the gravel .I built that for winter but it has to stand up when I laid it down there were no bubbles .

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Thats what,I was saying about the tricky part ,The slots I cut in 8 sections of pipe are going to have to be varyied in size ,very narrow and short near the pump ,progressing wider and deeper as the lenght progresses ,Bear in mind the main purpose of this is water flow ,the venturi is just to add air to the mix not to actually make bubbles althought some are inevidable but I think I can control that w/the adjustability of the venturi ,cross flow and a sweeping action is my goal ,any thing else is gravy.NO GRAVY

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
now you are making me think if i graduate the holes from smaller to bigger mine may work better .I had venturi I got with a water

pump I ordered and wasn't sure what it was for ,I got them with the harbor freight pumps I bought

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
now you are making me think if i graduate the holes from smaller to bigger mine may work better .I had venturi I got with a water

pump I ordered and wasn't sure what it was for ,I got them with the harbor freight pumps I bought
You have one already, have is it configured ?I think ,I'm Going to cut all the pieces out stick Them all together in the finish shape (dry fit) and test and adjust in the pool ,be alot easier to work on modifiy as needed ,If sucessful then put in pond ,sound like a plan ?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have like 4 or 5 of them ,my neighbor has one of the pumps in her pond .Every time you buy one of those pumps you get all those parts .

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
No ,I ment ,do you have a sweep in your pond? I got started on mine today ,learned a lot ,tomorrow I should be HAPPY ,coming along very well ,I know a guy that buys HF pumps ,but always gets the warranty ,and just swaps them out if he has problems,can't beat the price.mine all came from lowes ,I got in on mfg. swap real deal so I bought 6 Had no problems and have spares .

Ask a Question