building my pond

Reaction score
here's a few pictures of me building my new pond.
pondstart.jpg

pondhole.jpg

pondhole2.jpg

pond9.jpg

still have to finish landscaping and building a patio but it is starting to take shape.

Reaction score
Hey Choprdoc,
Beautiful pond! Is the wooded area your property also? If so, I'm really jealous. My yard is only approx. 20'x50'. I've only owned the house 2 yrs and I'm already out of room for gardens and can't enlarge my pond (approx. 1200 gals) any more.

Reaction score
Oh dude........................You da man!!!! What a beautiful pond you've created. I am totally jealous of the area you have to work with but very nice job. You should be proud.

Rick:bowdown:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Wish mine was that deep!

If I may offer some constructive criticism please consider this:

It looks like you have runoff going directly into your pond, that is not only dangerous due to chemicals but in a large rainfall, your pond could overflow and fish could be stranded outside the pond.

Am I missing something here?

Being that close to the woods, if you have fish, you will need an alarm and netting to protect them.

Reaction score
First, yeah all the woods are our property, about 5 acres, most of it wooded. thank all of you for the compliments and I am always looking for advice and criticism. It acutally it took me quiet a few months to get the run off running around the pond area. That was my first concern when I decided to build one there. The ground slopes off left and right from the tree behind the waterfall and runs around and away from it. The flowers are on the raised areas. We got about an inch of rain the other week and the water flowed around it real good. Next I am going to be taking out some of the smaller trees on the back side up to the logs. With our cats (outside) we do not get too many critters in the yard. I had a smaller pond, around 300 gallons in that spot for 2 years with no problems so hopefully with this one being alot deeper and bigger the fish will be okay.

Ask a Question