Building pond #2

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That is going to be one neat pond!
Thank you! I can't wait to see your Lilies in there, from the deck! :)
You are going gung ho now and hope you can finish before the rain and the cold comes. Looks great!
Thanks! we want to pour the footings for the plant pool and while it cures we are going to start digging....it'd be nice to lay the liner Labor Day Weekend!:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Enjoying watching your new pond build Gemma. Going to be neat for sure. Love that you can enjoy your ponds from inside the house.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Enjoying watching your new pond build Gemma. Going to be neat for sure. Love that you can enjoy your ponds from inside the house.
Thank you!
Not as charming as a natural looking garden pond, but this is the style (hybrid) that works best for us.
I can't wait to landscape around it!
smgardening.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought some nice glass crystals at the dollar tree and they even have sea glass .I am making a cement ball by filling a old soccer ball with cement and going to put sea glass on it and grout it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I started digging early this morning while hubby settled the skimmer and waterfall into place, and poured the remaining footers for the plant pool....after more than 8 hours of hard work (I dig my son dumps the dirt) this is all we've accomplished, I'm a bit disappointed, I thought we could do more but the ground is just too hard This project is kicking my butt!
smtired.gif

pond2digging.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Good idea about the jack hammer instead of a pick. They have electric ones in the rental shops, get one with a wide bit and not a point.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The storms we've been having actually helped soften the surface and digging every night after work will be much easier now!
We plan on having it all dugout and ready for liner by the end of this weekend
smdancingyeah.gif

...if the weather holds!
smpraying.gif

pond2aug30th2018.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
Agree on the jack hammer. I saw pond digger use one with the spade on it after I was done. I'm sure it would have gone through the ice I hit and my pond would have been deeper o well next one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Regardless of what tools you use, it's really looking good, love the lay out, and progress you have made is obvious. You sure are working hard. Fingers crossed for weather.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Regardless of what tools you use, it's really looking good, love the lay out, and progress you have made is obvious. You sure are working hard. Fingers crossed for weather.
Aww thank you!
Believe it or not the support on this group do help me keep on going! I don't think I'd have the same will do dig after 12hours of work, if it wasn't for you guys...lol gotta post progress:D

PS those steps are temporary, when we are done digging they will be redone much smaller!

Ask a Question