Building pond #2

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you! :)

What if I name it "Tara", would it make you feel better? It'll go nicely with my Tula Chagoi:D
:rolleyes: okay, I would feel better. You'll have to post a family portrait of Tula and Tara when the time comes

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
:rolleyes: okay, I would feel better. You'll have to post a family portrait of Tula and Tara when the time comes
If it comes down to, I will hire a photographer but we'll get those pics!:)

Tula approves of Tara :) @Gemma , this is very exciting, I can't believe how gorgeous it's going to be !!!
Thank you!
This year is too late, but I'm hoping next year to be able to add plants and flowers, and make it really nice:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The liner arrived today! it could not be delivered to residential address, so we used my husband's place of work. It weighs 340lb, it's gonna take some man power getting it home, and installing it

In the meantime I didn't want to take a chance that our supplier might forget to bring us the water meter, so I bought my own. I'm really curious to know how many gallons this pond can hold and it's too hard to trust measurements with this irregular shape, the steps, the stones we'll put on the shelf...care to guess and give your estimate of how many gallons we can fit in the new pond, anyone? It would be fun to see who gets closer
smfingernose.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got this water meter, I hope it's accurate!
water meter.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll guess.........................uh let me see..........................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe 5,752 gals! All I have to go by is what the photo's show as you never said how long it is or how wide or how deep............or did I miss that part?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'll guess.........................uh let me see..........................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe 5,752 gals! All I have to go by is what the photo's show as you never said how long it is or how wide or how deep............or did I miss that part?
All I know is that my husband took different measurements, and concluded the we needed a 35x35 liner
Love your estimate, anything over 5000gls would be cool!
smalzaciglia.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
more rain coming ,just saw it on the weather channel .Need a rain meter soon .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Okay here's my guess, I'm thinking 4,575 gallons, my qualifications for this guess comes from guessing how many candy corns were in the glass jar at the Halloween dance at the kids school last year, I don't like candy corns but I won anyway, go figure.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
more rain coming ,just saw it on the weather channel .Need a rain meter soon .
yes that^^...so what's your pond volume estimate? Please take a wild guess, it's fun!:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Okay here's my guess, I'm thinking 4,575 gallons, my qualifications for this guess comes from guessing how many candy corns were in the glass jar at the Halloween dance at the kids school last year, I don't like candy corns but I won anyway, go figure.
Oh man...less than 5000? I hope you're wrong!
smhit1.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The candy corns are are still here as none of us like them, if I'm wrong ill eat them, I promise:coffee::ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question