Bumps on my Koi

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these bumps on one of my Koi? He's one of the biggest and acts healthy enough. The ice has just been gone about 3 weeks and they all look good except for this one. There are many bumps and the biggest is whitish on the top. No ulcerations. I can't find any disease like this online.

Could it be some kind of infection? What is recommended for a pond 2' deep 24' long and 6' wide in Connecticut?

Thank you so much for your advice Koi lovers.

Muriel

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 571
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm sure others with more experience will chime in. I wonder if it could be carp pox?

Reaction score
Hard to tell from a picture but pox wasn't my first impression. Pox are more like something on the surface, translucent and not as much of a bump, more flat. And the bump is only white toward the top where pox is all white/translucent.

My guess was tumors, just abnormal growth of cells. These fish are inbred so tumors aren't uncommon.

But seeing it person is better than from pictures.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No idea. Actually, I don't have any experience with fish diseases. If mine ever have any issues I'll be lost on what to do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No idea. Actually, I don't have any experience with fish diseases. If mine ever have any issues I'll be lost on what to do.
May I suggest you buy this book The Interpet Manual of koi Helth ISBN 1842860992 (or its revised version) Authors Keith Holmes and Tony Pitham avilable on both Amazon UK and US , you wont regret it and they can be picked up for a song .
What we are seeing as Waterbug has so rightly pointed out isnt koi pox , it may well be a tumour but its more tha likely a cyst of a tiny worm which at this late time of night the name slip's me however I believe one of the girls on line has had problems with these before...

Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
May I suggest you buy this book The Interpet Manual of koi Helth ISBN 1842860992 (or its revised version) Authors Keith Holmes and Tony Pitham avilable on both Amazon UK and US , you wont regret it and they can be picked up for a song .
What we are seeing as Waterbug has so rightly pointed out isnt koi pox , it may well be a tumour but its more tha likely a cyst of a tiny worm which at this late time of night the name slip's me however I believe one of the girls on line has had problems with these before...

Dave
Trematodes? AKA, yellow grubs. It does look similar.....

Ask a Question