Buyer beware!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I thought I would share my experience with Aquarium Plants (dot com) here on the forum, because they offer pond plants as well as aquarium plants. My recent order involved aquarium plants.... Among the items I ordered was Anubias barteri var. Nana, which is a dwarf variety. But what I received was the non dwarf variety. Really BIG plants that I don't want in my nano aquarium! Sparing the long story of how cruddy their customer service is, I was basically told I'm stuck with what they sent me, with NO offer to refund my money or send the correct plants. $30 down the drain, but I did report them to the BBB. So buyer beware! Looks like the ol' bait n' switch going on here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The BBB should come with it's own Buyer Beware. We learned that the hard way with a roofing dispute a few years ago.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
UPDATE: Only after the BBB contacted this company did they finally call me. They only partially admitted to sending me the incorrect plants, still blaming their supplier. They e-mailed me a picture of some different plants to send me, but those too were not dwarf varieties. The guy was insistent that I accept these plants, and after several minutes of him carrying on about it I had to interrupt him, tell him I didn't want MORE plants that I couldn't use, and demanded my money back, (not for the entire order, just the $30 worth of the incorrect plants). He finally agreed, and said he would send me the refund (paypal) as soon as he hung up the phone with me. Well, that didn't happen. After a few days I e-mailed them to ask where my refund that they promised was. Only then did they send the refund.

What a hassle!

Reaction score
Country
United States
all my anubias are dwarf the first year and giant afterward. But started from babies from aquarium friends so I didn't spend money. I think the plants I have in with my crystal red shrimp are dwarfs but I really don't know what they are

Ask a Question