Buying Plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Where do most of you buy your plants & supplies. I have one local place here, kinda pricey. Was wondering if you bought a lot over the internet?

Reaction score
Friends is usually the best place to start ... see what they need to prune back (postage is cheap) ... my local places stop selling pond plants as of June 1st, so for me, it will either be more friends or mail order if I want more ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Is Friends ( Wet Pets & Friends)? Can't find any other site. found the other two. Thks!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I have been buying from different website vendors etc. I just received some parrots feathers from an ebay vendor and they were hands down the best looking plants I have ever seen. Take a look at there site. I am very very impressed. They are reasonably priced as well. http://stores.ebay.com/HELENS-PERENNIAL-WATER-GARDENS?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 If you want I can take a picture of them and show you!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thanks!! I'll check it out. I'm trying to get a hand on the water condition. Dark water with lots of algae floating, string kind. Does anyone know if my phosphate levels could be causing this? Tried everything else. I'm gonna add more plants but something is really out whack and getting worse.

Reaction score
I got in touch with a local pond society. Everyone is so helpful and they give stuff away to each other all the time. Just the other day I got these really big Koi from one because they were thining out their pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can send you a box of stuff for postage, getting ready to do a purge of plants. They are growing like weeds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Ok, that sounds great!! Someone told that plants in pots aren't helpful in fighting string algae, they have to be rooted in pond. do you know if there's any truth in that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
addy1, I did buy a few more hyacinths the other day, but if you have extra of anything else, that'd be great. Thks!

Ask a Question