Can’t Find a Small fake rock

B

Burd

I need a small hollow fake Rock to hide the bubbler. I see large ones on line, nothing small. Are there any pond supplies that someone uses that ha e them?
lowes has the smalles one I can find, it’s really to big.
6C7AB500-9583-4241-BABB-2884D011C349.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
United States
You might key word artificial aquarium rocks or decorations as an option. Ebay has a bunch. One that comes to mind is a hollow resin log that looks very real. Another option is aquarium wood such as natural Mopani that just about every pet shop sells.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I made a small wooden "house" out of scraps of wood I had around. My aerator has been in there for years. I didn't fasten the roof, it's removeable. It just sits on top for easy access. Plus there's a floor in it so the aerator is off the ground in case of heavy rain or flooding.

B

Burd

The smaller hollow rock on amazon I could find was like 8x10, I want a smaller one for my aerator. I just use a indoor fish tank one, since I do, the frogs are making it through the winter. I saw 3 diff sizes this year already.
but like the Malibu light timer the last homeowners put in, everything sits in the dirt.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have made several .I used motor cement because it has no gravel in it and used cheesecloth as the base and sealed it with thompsons water seal for concrete .I put on several coats of sealer .I also use my elephant ears to make big leaves .I used foam insulation board in a couple of mine makes them insulated and you will need a bottom to keep water out and also let air in for the aerator

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have made several for my sister 1 to cover her well top and another to cover her septic tank clean out and another that leans against the house to cover her hose bib

Ask a Question