Can any one assist on what im doing wrong

Reaction score
Hi there

I have a pond of which is 1762 gallons and I have a oase biosys set 4.

I also have this connected to a waterfall but I just cannot get pond absolutely clear. I had recently purchased a portable retro fit bottom drain skimmer koi/fish pond hoping that this will clear it.

Im still getting like fine silt flowing through and have used clear pond stuff. I think that I dont have certain things set right. On the pump I have the 2nd inlet set to no4 so it all comes in through that cos I thought the problem was at the bottom with silt. I have the UV set where the pump symbol is.

Can anyone help me on what im doing wrong cos the mrs getting cheesed off with me playing around trying to clear it.

Thanks

Reaction score
Maybe you pump isnt cycling your water enough??? Do you have a mechanical filter as well? Pics might help.. also have you tested the water, those results might be helpful

Reaction score
can get some photos soon. Yeah I have a gravity fed filter. The pump has 2 inlets and was wondering if I had them set wrong cos it all coming in from bottom skimmer at other end and not from pump at other end

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the forum
pics would really let us see what your dealing with

Ask a Question