Can anyone give me some ideas why?

FredrikAnderson

Koi Herder
Reaction score
My koi in the evening move around a lot and are very active but in the morning and early afternoon they are very sluggish and kind of just sit around. They don't eat much either. I think the tempiture is around 66F in the morning and in the 70-73F range in the evening. The pond is about 350gal and has a good size waterfall. I have water lettuce, water hyichen(spelled that wrong) and 2 lillys(one is tempirary). The testing for Amonia is always 0, along with Nitrite. The PH does stay around 7.5 pretty regularly but I have found it a bit higher at times but I think it has stabilized now. Phosfate is between 0 and .25. I don't have anything to check oxygen yet but I think I will be getting that today.
Trying to figure out if I need more oxygen, higher temps, or maybe something else that I don't know of or if this is just the norm and it isn't something I should be sweating at all?
Any thoughts would be great, Thanks.

Reaction score
extra oxygen never hurts. I just added a dolphin av-50 air pump and put stones in all my ponds and the fish love it. Swim through the bubbles will glee.

But none of my fish are ever sluggish, and I'm in NC where it has been HOT and they still eat like piggy's.

Ask a Question