Can I Offer to Share Some Hyacinth? (Seattle area)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
My water hyacinth are REALLY growing! For shade and balance, I'm trying to keep approximately 2/3 of my water surface covered, but between the lilies starting to take off, and the hyacinth expanding like mad, I'm going to need to pare back a bit. If there's someone else in the Seattle area that wants some hyacinth starters, I could easily part with about 8 of them for now (more later). They are definitely clean/snail-free. I bought them from a fish & pet store, not pulled from the wild. Let me know if you are interested!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
I'm about 20 miles south of you @JohnHuff . But if you want some, I'm happy to meet somewhere with some gallon ziplock bags full of hyacinth. Weekends are easiest.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
@JohnHuff Sure. I'm on the south end of Seattle. Right on the light rail line, actually. Burien is pretty easy for me to get to, if that's a good spot for you to meet.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
@JohnHuff Sure. I'm on the south end of Seattle. Right on the light rail line, actually. Burien is pretty easy for me to get to, if that's a good spot for you to meet.
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make it. I had a heart attack a few weeks ago and I'm still not cleared to drive yet. I was going to ask someone to drive down but it seems that won't work either. Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
No problem, @JohnHuff . Sorry to hear about the heart attack--that is terrible! If I am going to be up that far north anytime soon, I'll check back in with you and see if I can deliver.

Ask a Question