Can mongoose eat fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
1st of all Hi , after long time i joined , hope all are fine , doing well , staying safe in this pandemic by being busy in pond and gardening :) , has any one had problem with mongoose? i think my parents saw it in my garden and i lost 4 small goldfishes , i did one change few weeks ago when i w as cleaning pond i misplaced some river rocks near border and reduced some vegetation , either of them could be reason? its the 1st time in 10 years i have noticed it or he ws eating before too and i didnt notice .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! Yes mongoose will eat fish for sure. Easy pickings for them. Sorry you’re losing your fish, any way to prevent the mongoose from getting to the pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
1st of all Hi , after long time i joined , hope all are fine , doing well , staying safe in this pandemic by being busy in pond and gardening :) , has any one had problem with mongoose? i think my parents saw it in my garden and i lost 4 small goldfishes , i did one change few weeks ago when i w as cleaning pond i misplaced some river rocks near border and reduced some vegetation , either of them could be reason? its the 1st time in 10 years i have noticed it or he ws eating before too and i didnt notice .
I'm sure they eat fish and I also think they can swim which makes them even more dangerous. Sorry for your loss. What kind of pond is it? Is it possible to put a net over it? Just curious where are you located? Can you post some pics of your setup?

Ask a Question