Can putting snow involve Pond help with water problems in the spring?

Bigfootsquad BWPP

Islamic Sultanate of Qarsherskiy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Where I live we get about 2 inches of snow in winter and it is very rare too. When it snows I usually push a bunch of snow over the dam and into my pond. During the spring when were usually in a drought because it's the dry season, all that melted snow stops the pond from going down.
Is that safe for the pond though?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Where do you live?

I don’t know, but wouldn’t think it would be a problem, especially if you’ve been doing it and it seems OK. But not sure how much that bit of snow is going to add to the overall water level.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1594314102816.gif
@Bigfootsquad BWPP
I don't think it would hurt and if it raises your water enough for your liking then I think it would be ok. Gosh I never would have thought Bermuda would ever get snow!

He has the flag of Bermuda under his name @Mmathis

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@j.w Is that the flag of Bermuda? Cool! I didn’t know they got snow, either. When we do get snow here in Louisiana, there is never enough to do anything with.

@Bigfootsquad BWPP I did think of a reason why that might not be a good idea, but there are too many variables to say 100% — is this snow accumulating in an area that could have chemicals mixed in with it (such as oil/gasoline from cars, ice-melting...)?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Mmathis yep flag of Bermuda

The flag of Bermuda was adopted on 4 October 1910. It is a British Red Ensign with the Union Flag in the upper left corner, and the coat of arms of Bermuda in the lower right. In 1999, the flag was changed to its current form, with an enlarged coat of arms.

1594334394594.png

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
@j.w Is that the flag of Bermuda? Cool! I didn’t know they got snow, either. When we do get snow here in Louisiana, there is never enough to do anything with.

@Bigfootsquad BWPP I did think of a reason why that might not be a good idea, but there are too many variables to say 100% — is this snow accumulating in an area that could have chemicals mixed in with it (such as oil/gasoline from cars, ice-melting...)?
lucky, you odont get enough snow to do anything with, here in colorado we got 28 inches last thanksgiving! everything gets cancled, and we cant even see the ponds

Ask a Question