can someone guide me to a good place to purchase bulkheads for homemade filter

Reaction score
For my filter I bought one and made one. The one I bought leaked the homemade one didn't. The one I made was made out of pvc electrical conduit male and female adapters and silicone. I bought the parts at Home Depot. Don't use regular pvc plumbing adapters because the threading is different.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
got mine at pet mountain .I got all mine there but you have to look under fish not ponds .I paid less than 8 dollars for each

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Me too, I bought my bulkheads at Home Depot. Funny that they only sell that kind of thing in the electrical dept.
mgmine said:
For my filter I bought one and made one. The one I bought leaked the homemade one didn't. The one I made was made out of pvc electrical conduit male and female adapters and silicone. I bought the parts at Home Depot. Don't use regular pvc plumbing adapters because the threading is different.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I third looking into uni-seals, I've had a set on outside in the weather for six years never leaked, very cheap, easy to install, and the work!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't worry about leaking since my liner is up around both of my filters and if they leak it runs right back into the pond because both filters are tilted ever so slightly towards the pond .The filters ever over flow it goes back into the pond too .I did not want to worry about any of that stuff .Plus my hose is inside the pond and runs along the side of the inside of the pond and waterfall .I don't have the time right now to tend to the pond so the less I have to worry about the little things the better

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Aquatic Ecosystems in Apopka Florida has a good selection of aquaculture and pond supplies. Uniseals do work well, but are limited to thin walled tanks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
never used a uniseal and never heard of them before .I have loosened and reused my tank adapters over and over again when I build bigger filters .

Reaction score
Ok ok although i do appreciate all these replys that post is old and i completed the filter months ago theres a pic of it on a post called waterbed heater. Thanks everyone anyways

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is there could be other people looking for them so your post could be helpful to them .

Ask a Question