Can someone identify these.....

Reaction score
II spent this morining cleaning filter material as well as quilt batting and a small fountain pump and found these in my material. I also found a few blood worms...wiggly little creatures but these do not resemble them. They are more like a flat worm, sort of like a leach as one end sticks to the surface and the other end extends. If you get one on your finger, you cannot just flick it off, you have to remove it w a fingernail under the sucker end, but I have not noticed it biting into one's skin. I believe the red worms or blood worms are considered the larvae of the MIdge Fly, could this also be the larval stage of something? Forgive me if we have discussed these before, I tried to key in flat worm and filter material and was unable to find anything on the site in previous posts.

:goldfish:

Attachments

• DSCF5592.JPG
    DSCF5592.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 271

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I posted about Black Fly Larvae. Can't tell if you have those or not. Sorta looks like you have the leeches as Haro suggests tho.

4651113501_629e03731a_z.jpg

4651113501_629e03731a_z.jpg

Reaction score
I believe I have what you referenced in my second post. From what I read, they are a relative of leeches. I have to fully read the link I reposted that you originally posted. LOL

:goldfish:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The 2nd post I could not get to the link. It kept saying "Problem loading page.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ahhhhhhhh,I remember that one now. It could be them but I've never seen them in person.

Ask a Question