Can someone tell me what this koi should turn out to look like?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was out there giving her blueberry treats tonight and she got hold of my hair when I leaned over so I could rub Berts chin .He is her mate ..I think she was jealous Bert was getting attention .She kept pushing him away .Believe me they will with time .I have already seen a change in the koi I rescued as now they hear my voice they know they are getting fed .They love the treats

Reaction score
That is just so sweet,how long did it take for you to get old aggie to like you like that, and u even pet them? Wow cool. I can't wait to get my koi out into the pond, and start bonding with him more and I want to buy him a few more koi friends

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Aggie and Bert got that way after about 1 year but then I did spend a lot of time with them since I am retired .I found as they got older and bigger they got to understand that I meant playtime and food .But they do tease my chihuahua real bad .They follow him when he is out by the pond and he seems to not like that so he barks at them .I think the only time they really like him was when he spilled the container of food in the pond ,took me a half hour almost to scope most of it out .

Reaction score
Hahaha you have to tape that somehow and post it on here, I would love to watch your adorable koi and your adorable chiuahua playing tag, it would be so cool and cute. I have tons of free time so it should work out well hopefully.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I tried taping it with my digital camera but it would not load onto my puter ,I'm not sure I'm doing it right it keeps coming out blank

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Probably yes, Koi are constantly changing. that's the beauty of them. Some are very subtle changes some are drastic, Last year the koi I have that had Sumi (Black Ink Markings) darkened up really nice late in the fall, Red's got the Brightest just before spring and right now Yellow is fading. Some fish don't change as much as others. Looking at the pic of yours, I would expect some changes as it grows. It may wash out when first moved, Don't worry, it will brighten back up once it settles back down. the larger they get the less you notice it.

Reaction score
sounds good to me, im hoping mine will turn into a drastic changer, i think it would be amazing if the blue would deepen and fade out with the seasons

Ask a Question