Candy for Koi project.1

Reaction score
Goal: turn a broken candy machine into a intractive koi feeder for guests to use
When around the pond.I need ideas on what I might do, like the style red or blue,how big maybe I can even make it so my guests have to pay quarter to use just like at the lake of the ozarks, lol JK;)

Any idea's on how to do this would be great.

Reaction score
Do you have a more formal pond or is it natural? If it's natural then maybe have it look more rustic and worn so it doesn't pop out to much and draw attention away from the pond? Kind of like how people add old hand pumps and benches. Put fresh paint on it, but keep it looking kind of worn or faded in my opinion.

Reaction score
My pond is more formal I might put it on the deck overlooking the pond but I see what you are saying try not to make an eye sore or something to bold.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like a neat project, make the doses small enough they can't way over feed your fish

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
One thing I will add, Don't fill it with a bunch of food and don't keep it in the direct sunlight. Koi food is high in protein and it can spoil. You want to have pretty fresh food in it so don't put more in it than what will get used in few days. be sure and watch for moisture in it, if it starts getting moisture inside you may want to put it in a shady spot. I've thought about one too, Cool idea!

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Cool idea, I was thinking the same thing. Then I can charge people to feed my fish. My next planed pond I am doing a baithouse/sandwich-beer stop theme next to it and want to add one.

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_5572.jpg
    IMG_5572.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_3969.jpg
    IMG_3969.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_4836.jpg
    IMG_4836.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_7002.jpg
    IMG_7002.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 317
Reaction score
yeah it's 25 cents you can change the cost so it takes either nickels/ dimes it gives about 1/4 a cup of feed.

Ask a Question