Canister Filter Recommendation

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I have a 700 gallon above ground pond with a 4x3 BOG. Today I turned it on for the first time. The bog leaks on the bottom. I have no idea why. I really don't want to try to fix it. I have already spent too much time on this. I want to take it down and scrap it. Replace it with a nice Pressurized Canister Filter. Anyone have have any recommendations for a 1,000 gallon + filter?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pressure filters are not as easy as they sound .They need backflushed often and can smell like a sewer when opened .I had 2 on my 1500 gallon pond that I got clearance out for 20 dollars each at lowes with built in UV and they were a hassle .I just ended up building my own filter and those are in my basement collecting dust

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I wouldn't scrap your bog....maybe put it on hold till next Spring, when you're less frustrated. Do you currently have fish in your pond?

I used a pressurized filter for years made by Easy Pro. I have a friend who uses 2 Laguanas on her koi pond with good results.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I went with two Laguna filters and will be making a smaller BOG. Using and old preformed round spillway tub.

Ask a Question