Canna lily info

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Hi all, can someone help? I followed the instructions I got last fall for over wintering my canna Lily bulbs (or tubers, or roots whatever you call them) and it appears they didn’t rot in my basement so I am wondering how to plant them back in my bog garden. It’s a pea gravel bog at the bottom of a waterfall. They did well there but they were already grown and blooming when I put them in. Can I start them again by Just plunking them in there or do I need to start them in a pot with actual soil? Just worried they will drown without having any foliage above ground. Thanks I’m advance

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yes to regular potting soil and you can rinse if you want - I never bother. Just shake them off to get the majority of the dirt off and plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Thank you for the info. I kinda figured the extra nutrients and a bit drier to start them off would be better. Glad I asked though.. and even more glad you answered

Ask a Question