Cannabis in the Bog?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I was given a few Cannabis seeds, legal here for up to 4 plants. Would putting them in pots and place then with the bottoms in the bog be a good method, they get sun from about 10 am to sunset.
Any better ideas for cannabis and a bog?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I was given a few Cannabis seeds, legal here for up to 4 plants. Would putting them in pots and place then with the bottoms in the bog be a good method, they get sun from about 10 am to sunset.
Any better ideas for cannabis and a bog?
Ive seen tomatoes grown in the dry area of a bog, but it probably wouldn't be optimal. Healthy fish pond is one step away from aquaponics. One thing you could do, adding a tiny pump, or diverting water somehow. placing a container with a hydroponic grow media in the bog, Pump the water into the containers and have em drain via a bell siphon or something back into your bog. Also, as with tomatoes, you would want adequate air flow, especially in the late summer/fall, as the flower molds easily.

Basic General Idea

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Ive seen tomatoes grown in the dry area of a bog, but it probably wouldn't be optimal. Healthy fish pond is one step away from aquaponics. One thing you could do, adding a tiny pump, or diverting water somehow. placing a container with a hydroponic grow media in the bog, Pump the water into the containers and have em drain via a bell siphon or something back into your bog. Also, as with tomatoes, you would want adequate air flow, especially in the late summer/fall, as the flower molds easily.

Basic General Idea
Probably the safest and easiest move might be using soil, separately from the pond/bog and watering with the pond water. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Well I think I will try.Plant in a pot of soil and have it partly in the bog so the bottom of the pot stays wet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have seen Cannabis grown hydroponically "no soil at all" . it required a lot of chemical nutrients though. it's been what seems like a hundred year but if whats left to my memory Cannabis has a very specific nutrient requirement, I'm thinking something like corn, high nitrogen. It should grow in your bog with or without soil but I wouldn't expect a high yield. be prepaired to wrap the flowers with garden netting, if the flowers get pollinated the plant will stop flowering all together.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Way way way back i was a bit into growing my own and always started with excellent soils and then once the plant was 3 foot it got cut back and placed in sand. the idea was it made the plant fight, boosting the thc today who knows what they are doing the pink grow lights co2 and humidity

Ask a Question