Can't seem to search

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
Canada
When I try to use the search feature, I always get a result where nothing can be found. Can someone tell me how to use it properly? Thanks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What words are you searching for? I just tried it for pond net and it found a lot of stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
Canada
Interesting. I don’t know what a Boolean search is but I tried writing as you described and nothing came up for me.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Interesting. I don’t know what a Boolean search is but I tried writing as you described and nothing came up for me.

Weird! Boolean is a thing of the past in most cases - it used to be invaluable for searching the web to limit or include certain phrases. The " " would indicate "search this" and then you could further limit or expand the search by adding AND, OR, or NOT and a second search term. I still whip it out occasionally when I'm having trouble getting results for a search.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Weird! Boolean is a thing of the past in most cases - it used to be invaluable for searching the web to limit or include certain phrases. The " " would indicate "search this" and then you could further limit or expand the search by adding AND, OR, or NOT and a second search term. I still whip it out occasionally when I'm having trouble getting results for a search.
Never tried that, it worked for me. Good info @Lisak1 It does say ph is too short , too common of a word when you search.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
ipads are funny things as lots of stuff that works on a regular computer doesn't work on the ipad. I don't have one but I've heard of the issues.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
ipads are funny things as lots of stuff that works on a regular computer doesn't work on the ipad.

Very true! I had to convince my husband of that when I needed a new computer - he was convinced I just needed an iPad Pro (which was basically the same price as the MacBook Pro I ended up getting!) It's just not the same experience - I do have an iPad but I use that for reading or streaming videos. And I'm never crazy about the mobile version of a lot of websites. However, the new iOS will be much more like a computer, or so I hear. So maybe in the future they will be more alike than different.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will always have a lappy, just don't care for how phones, tablets handle websites also my hands won't let me type on one of them.
Love my phone very convenient to have a computer in your pocket,but not for a lot of typing.

Ask a Question