Captcha

Reaction score
Hi

Just joined, and wanted to let the admins know, there are special characters in the confirmation captcha...almost didn't join.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hello509-1.gif
Camp185 glad you decided to join

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums camp185 :). I don't like having to use the "captcha" image, but it's the only way to prevent automated spammers from signing up (it does a good job at that). Rarely, it does show a strange character, but clicking the button to show a new image will fix it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Frogswelcomev.gif

Welcome glad you joined!
Those captcha's are a pain, but a ton of sites use them now, some are real hard to read, but sure can understand trying to control spammers.

Reaction score
Frogswelcomev.gif

Welcome glad you joined!
Those captcha's are a pain, but a ton of sites use them now, some are real hard to read, but sure can understand trying to control spammers.

Funny logic. A lot of people use chlorine to disinfect water, should I use to keep my pond water clean? Sorry, my profession is building websites. A simple random math question will kill of 99% of the spam. Hate captchas, and especially hate ones where it takes more than one try to get right or read.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe give the admins a sample and they could change it. Some sites it takes me 3-4 times to get it right, they even put lines through the letters, weird letters shapes hate them........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leolady

Latest Threads