Carlisle liner vs. Firestone

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Recently I've seen this liner (for instance at Webb's): http://www.webbsonline.com/Item/324212 Price is a bit less than Firestone and I think this is the one that has "J-tear" technology where if a tear starts, it doesn't continue in a straight line.

Anyone seen/used this or have thoughts about it? Both are 45 mil EPDM.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure about it but a tear is better in a straight line as it is easier to patch .I thought about ordering a smaller piece to see if it would work under my filters but it is just as stiff as 45 mil since it is the same .Funny thing is that all info on it is not available .I was looking for a sample if I pay for shipping but nothing yet .I have a lot of points on my webbs account to use up .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think the idea of the J-tear is that the tear stops in short order because the stress is not in the direction of the tear, not that it continues for a long way and snakes in different directions.

I need two pieces for my in-progress build, so i may get the smaller piece for the waterfall area in the Carlisle.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
more info it is made in Carlisle PA and it says it is a roofing company and has a toll free number from aqua tough .it talks about the j technology.sounds like epdm with some type of additive .I guess it all comes down to price .Since it is cheaper and basically the same

Ask a Question