1000 gallon garden pond

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@tbendl , one thing I forgot to mention. In the summer when my pond is netted, I use ground staples to anchor the net. I only use the bricks in the winter because of the weight of the snow. Here is a picture of the ground staples. You can get them at Lowes or Home Depot. They aren't noticeable at all.
pond netting, staples.jpg

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I like the way you have it anchored, I was looking at it for keeping the leaves out of the pond. Well they aren't really leaves, and not pine needles but some twisted aberration that just dumps on the pond during fall, (ok so I have no idea what kind of a tree it is). I think the weave is too large for them, but I'm sure I can find a smaller weave and set it up the same way you have yours. I was originally trying to find a way to anchor a net higher off the ground to catch the leaves so I wouldn't have to move my pot fountain and some of the plants in the pond but may have no choice. I really do like your set up though, nice and clean.
Oh well, it's not going to get done this year but it's food for thought for next fall.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Winter is just getting started and I am really missing my pond so I am looking at old pond pictures. I love to compare the changes in the pond each year.
Here is a picture of when the pond was built in 2004 and the pond this past summer. Can you see I like moving rocks around? :)

Comparison (1).jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Winter is just getting started and I am really missing my pond so I am looking at old pond pictures. I love to compare the changes in the pond each year.
Here is a picture of when the pond was built in 2004 and the pond this past summer. Can you see I like moving rocks around? :)

View attachment 88023

I love the rocks in the first picture and the plants in the second!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Ha! Thanks @pecan , but I really went overboard with the rocks when the pond was built. :) Every year after I kept removing the rocks trying to soften the edge of the pond with plants. Some people can envision what they want and build it. I have to build it first and then redo it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here is mine 1st year June 2011, and then this year June 2015. We are never done re-doing it. I always giggle, when I make comments like "after my ponds done" Ha! Impossible!

beforeafter.jpg

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow @pecan , I love the comparison. Your pond looks so lush. And I love the deck you built behind the waterfall. Do you have any thing more on your 'to do' list?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yikes- I just got a text from my niece in SE Ohio and they are under weather advisory with 2" already! This is why I'm glad we moved from Ohio.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Can't really complain @mrsclem The picture made it look much worse than it was. It actually stopped snowing and the sun came out about 30 minutes later. :) This really is the first snow fall that we have had this winter and it was only 3"-4". Much better than last year!

Ask a Question