catfish

Reaction score
I only have goldfish. Is this a catfish that you bought, or something you caught yourself? Native catfish around here would get much too big for my pond.

Reaction score
I'm with Dani on this one. Native catfish get way too big. Of course, you could have a very large pond :)

I'm also curious about what type of coldwater catfish you have in your pond.

Reaction score
When I bought my house, it had a fairly large pond stocked with 3 koi and a catfish. The catfish only grew as big as the koi, but I have no idea what kind it is.

Reaction score
I was wondering, because a lot of people put Plecos - those algae suckers you can get at the pet store - in their ponds. Its something I try to talk people out of a lot. The Plecos are tropical fish and should be in a heated tank.

Reaction score
I agree with you on the algae suckers!

I'm sure it's a catfish. Here in AZ, I've caught catfish (for food, not pond) which looked exactly like the one in my pond. The previous owners said they bought all the fish at the same time at a garden pond store. Maybe it's popular only in this area? My pet catfish :) it doesn't have to worry about getting eaten!

Ask a Question