Cheap Simple Water polishing filter

Reaction score
I had a #$%#$ raccoon dump over some plants and dirt into my pond. I now have suspended dirt througtout the pond.

I was going to setup this micron filter on the output of my waterfall pump to take the suspended dirty out of the water cheaply. The micron filters come in 1 micron to 50 micron granularity. Filter is designed to be used under a sink but they cost $30 including filters which are cheap replacments as they get dirty.

I use this design on my 220 Gallon aquarium to polish the water but now looking at trying it in the bog 60G preformed that feeds my waterfall.

DSC02362.jpg

Reaction score
It works great. I posted what I did here https://www.gardenpondforum.com/my-diy-cheap-polishing-filter-t4054.html

I used it today as well. When I trimmed plants I got dirt into the pond that made it murky. I threw the polisher into the pond again and 4 hours later it was clear again and the filter was clogged with dirt. I used 5 micron so it cloggs quickly but it seems only one cartridge is needed to take 100% of the suspended dirt out of the water.

Reaction score
I use one on the output of my uv clarifier then to a water feature. Just a hint for those that want to try this.......by two canisters and hook one up in reverse to a garden hose.....this way you can backflush the filters and re-use them several times.

Ask a Question