Checked On My Brisket I Started Last.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Found this little guy in my pond first time i have seen a turtle in my pond let alone yard.

Attachments

• 20170701_082134.jpg
    20170701_082134.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 177
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That little guy is a Box Turtle, probably fell in trying to get a drink. He is strictly land turtle, won't survive long if he can't get out of the pond

I have him out in a tub with rocks to chill on and some water till i get him a new home. I can't afford a new liner atm

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I take my old satellite dish's and put the screws back in with rubber washers and use them out in my yard as little water containers I pick some up at the dump

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
To properly cook a brisket, cover it in yellow mustard, salt and pepper, then heat it in a smoker at 250F using apple wood chips for about 12 hours or until the internal meat temperature reaches 175F.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
To properly cook a brisket, cover it in yellow mustard, salt and pepper, then heat it in a smoker at 250F using apple wood chips for about 12 hours or until the internal meat temperature reaches 175F.
LOL, I wondered about that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I agree with you completely about the mustard salt and pepper and the 250F, but about 8 hours and reaching 160, the meat is tender and moist..... Also Hickory, have tried Apple and Misquite, Just my preference

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I agree with you completely about the mustard salt and pepper and the 250F, but about 8 hours and reaching 160, the meat is tender and moist..... Also Hickory, have tried Apple and Misquite, Just my preference
Isn't 160F the stall temperature for a brisket? I thought the meat had to get past that temperature.
(The stall temperature is the temperature which the piece of meat will hold for a couple of hours before continuing to rise.)

My wife likes the apple wood because you can sweeten the outside with a spray of apple juice every now and then while cooking.

I'll have to try the hickory. I see a brisket in our future.

Ask a Question