Chinese Hi-Fin Banded Shark

Reaction score
Took a trip to a new pond place today (new to me) and noticed they had 2 Chinese Hi-Fin Banded Sharks in there outdoor pond, each about 10 - 12 inches long and probably just as high. I had never seen one before, anyone have one in a climate that gets cold in the winter? (we are in Massachusetts). Would you suggest getting one?

Also, it was very sad, the store owner was trying to figure out why a bunch of koi died that morning, he had about eight 200 gallon bins. Come to find out they were fertilizing some plants above the bins and it got in the water, poor little guys :)

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I let my Koi fertilize my plants and they do just fine. I think that if you want plants that you think require fetilizer, think first about the lives that depends on you to make sound decisions. How would you like it if someone was spiking your drinking water with unknown chemicals?

Reaction score
I agree, when I do my own water changes I use the water from the pond to water my arborvitaes and the results are pretty amazing. I planted these Thuja Green Giants in 2005 and they were about 24 inches tall, now they are easily 13 - 14 feet tall!

Ask a Question