Chit Chat on Threads moved

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Re: Dropsy?

You can talk about anything you want, just start a thread to do it. This is one of hundreds of threads this has happened on. We are all guilty of it, I'm just asking that we all show a little respect for the orginator of the thread content.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a

Ladies, It's just getting to the point that this needed to be brought up. If you look at multiple threads the topics keep getting off subject with general chatting. We are not trying to over moderate the site, we are simply trying to respect other members that start a tread and keep the threads on track.
It's not so much a problem when lets say Mrsclem starts a thread about dropsy gets the answer and the the thread stays between three or four people. But lets say MrsClem starts a thread about Drospy and the thread goes to Yellow jackets but the answer never gets to Mrsclem about dropsy. The whole topic is useless then for another member to search and get a answer to a question with out adding another thread about the same problem.
We have been discussing this for a little while and it just so happened this thread Dr.Dave decided that we need to bring this out and hopefully try to keep things on track for all members benefits. Hope this explains why this is needing to be done and hope it doesn't offend any members as this just needed addressing before it gets to far out of hand.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

So if we want to start a thread about dropsy and yellow jackets at the same time it's ok as long as we call the thread dropsy and yellow jackets or do we need to start a separate thread on just the yellow jackets? Just trying to figure this out. I'm thinking that the dropsy belongs in the fish illness section and bees in the chit chat..... and are we allowed to say anything at all in a thread that has nothing to do w/ the thread at all ever, I mean where do you draw the line cuz like you say everyone is doing it cuz it just comes natural like in a pleasant conversation w/ someone :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

j.w said:
So if we want to start a thread about dropsy and yellow jackets at the same time it's ok as long as we call the thread dropsy and yellow jackets or do we need to start a separate thread on just the yellow jackets? Just trying to figure this out. I'm thinking that the dropsy belongs in the fish illness section and bees in the chit chat..... and are we allowed to say anything at all in a thread that has nothing to do w/ the thread at all ever, I mean where do you draw the line cuz like you say everyone is doing it cuz it just comes natural like in a pleasant conversation w/ someone :confused:

So jw always look at the first post and stick with that question only. Don't divert. That way you are only posting what the poster asked. She did bring up the yellow jackets we were just sharing our ouches and ways to take care of them, but the title was dropsy, so we should never have said a word about yellow jackets.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

So in chit chat we can divert all we want even if say the thread is started about ugly critters and we switch to life on Mars or Malak and sissy :confused:

Ask a Question