Chlorine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
After reading many posts on here about dechlorinating tap water before putting it in the pond I bought three different aquarium test kits for chlorine and every one is saying that I don't have an unacceptable level in my tap water! None of the kits is showing any color at all. I even went ahead and bought an inline dechlorinator to attach to my auto fill unit but now I don't think I even need it...Isn't all municipal water supposed to have chlorine in it?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Make sure that the tests also test for chloramine. Many municipalities have switched over to using chloramine as it keeps water sanitary for longer periods of time. However, it is still toxic to fish and other aquatic life.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Make sure that the tests also test for chloramine. Many municipalities have switched over to using chloramine as it keeps water sanitary for longer periods of time. However, it is still toxic to fish and other aquatic life.
Thank you Marck...I will try and find one this morning...

Ask a Question