Christmas coming early!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
So- I had just ordered 3 lilies from the Pond-megastore. Hubby asked what I ordered and I showed him the pics and he asked if there were others I wanted. I told him I would love to have the Turtle Island collection and he said go ahead. Then I showed him the site and price for the 3 tropical- hardy lilies! He ordered them! Backordered so no problems, they will ship in May2016. Got an email today that they are in the mail! Now I have to figure out what to do when they get here. Not sure if they are plants or just the root. I'm thinking just putting them in a stock tank once potted and then putting them in pond to over-winter or maybe bringing them in as I will be bringing in my fry and my tropical purple lily and keeping them in the unfinished side of the basement. I still have to deal with the other 3 lilies I ordered and my koi have dumped out the buckets of kitty litter that had my lilies and eaten the plants and spread the litter all over the pond! My Vanvisa is just a small section of root now.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How neat, dear honey wanted to get me that collection, after he picked up the purples, I told him no! They came with a nice tuber and leaves. From pond megastore. Been blooming great.
My purples are being sunk deep. Since how they do over winter is uncertain at this point. I have not had them over a winter.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We figured since there was a limited amount available to order early. Website clearly said backordered and order for spring shipment! They will be here tomorrow!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They're here! both the Megapond store as well as the Turtle Island lilies. I was at the store and asked hubby if we had cat litter at home, ya, 2 bags. No problem except it's 1 bag and 90% empty! Used the old buckets that had lilies that had died out to pot the 1st set and then the others showed up so they will get potted tomorrow. Putting them in the section of the pond between the bog and actual pond. These are the Turtle Island Trio- aka, my Christmas gift! Happy to see leaves and buds!
006.jpg

Ask a Question