Chrysalis~ pond pix

Reaction score
I'll use this thread to provide any photographic data relevant to my questions and also to share my delight!

Attachments

• pond pic.jpg
    pond pic.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 555
Reaction score
Hi nigil,

It's so funny how these things come about. Truth be told, I rent and I tore up my deck from the last place and brought the lumber here. A few boards were longer so they made like a 'plank' or extension of the deck. Dropped a planter box in by them then extended the deck around the planter box. Next think I knew, I had a small wrap around deck and POND was the first thing that came to mind.

If I were normal, I might have cut those longer boards to match the others, Whew! dodged a bullet there! LOL I have a photo chronical of the whole process but it's 18 images, don't know if I can do that many. I'll look into that.

Reaction score
Here's the photo journal of my small 'in-deck' pond. The neat thing about this pond is it's ease of access. What the photos don't show is there's a futon right at the pond...I was standing on it for a couple shots, so I can lounge on my lanai and even fall asleep by it. I wander in and out of my house inbetween blogs and be with the pond energy, very soothing and close at hand.

The first photo is me in my tsunami survival suit, it was a false alarm so I was really bummed but it shows the planter behind me that was to become my pond. I had more shots of the process but not enough patience to post them all. I need to go stare at my pond. LOL

Attachments

• pond pix 000.jpg
    pond pix 000.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 362
  • pond pix 002.jpg
    pond pix 002.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 377
  • pond pix 008.jpg
    pond pix 008.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 365
  • pond pix 017.jpg
    pond pix 017.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 355
Reaction score
Glad you like it! It is in fact the only kind of rock to be found here, unless you want to spend a small fortune for commercial ornamental rock. I think it worked out well. The lava rock is quite pourous and has alot of jagged cup like features. I'm going to work on planting small plants on the rock pile to give it an even more natural feel. I will of course ensure that the watering of said plants won't run-off into the pond.

Reaction score
My little pond is coming into it's own. Here's a little video I made of it. It's made with the iPhone 4 and the iMovie app without using a computer. The audio's kinda lame what with too loud/too quiet but you get the jist.

[ame]

Ask a Question