cleaning my pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just purchased a gardena silt remover (Gardena pond silt vacuum..pump is 3000/4electric pump from ebay) - after setting it up and failing miserably to get the dirty water hose to sit on the bottom of the pond i find that there is no water being sucked up the dirty water hose although the other, shorter hose seems to working fine there doesnt seem to be enough suction to lift anything into the dirty water hose

all suggestions welcome

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcomeb.gif

Don't buy on eBay! Hope you didn't get ripped off. Was it new or used?

If it is ok, I wonder if you have an air lock in it. Might want to coax water into the hose so the machine is full of water before trying again.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome

Does it draw if you have a shallow amount of water? Like out of a bucket.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 97773

Don't buy on eBay! Hope you didn't get ripped off. Was it new or used?

If it is ok, I wonder if you have an air lock in it. Might want to coax water into the hose so the machine is full of water before trying again.
i just contacted the seller with my issue and hes sending me a gasket he forgot to enclose duh!! ive filled all of the hoses and refilled the pump - no joy so hope the gasket makes it work!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
i just contacted the seller with my issue and hes sending me a gasket he forgot to enclose duh!! ive filled all of the hoses and refilled the pump - no joy so hope the gasket makes it work!

A few months ago, I had to replace a water filter on our house line. No matter how hard I tightened the canister, it kept leaking real bad. I was just about to give up when I saw the gasket had fallen off and rolled across the room. I put it back in and it stopped leaking!

Hopefully that gasket will arrive quickly and get the vacuum working properly for you! Let us know.

Ask a Question