Cleaning Pond Muck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello......Newbie here!
I posted a question on another thread but also have a question about the pond water.
I have drained the pond down to about a foot of water and scooped out 2 wheel barrows full of black muck. Now there is a 'hippo or whale' popped up in the middle and that was the question on the other thread.
The next question I have here is, how much more should I clean this pond?
I can pump more water out to try and get more muck, but if I can add something to what's left to clear it, that would be so much easier.
Or will it be a lot clearer with fresh, clean water added back in?
There are no fish in there, just frogs, so I can pretty much do whatever it takes.
The pic is what the water looked like when I started, before pumping and the 'hippo.'

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 120

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You could add more water and pump it out. For frogs and other critters it does not need to be perfectly clean.

But in thinking, I bet the muck, since it was thick, weighed down the liner keeping the hippo under control. A few members typed up some suggestions in your other thread.

Ask a Question