Clearing the jungle for a garden and pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Haha, I was looking really hard, too, JW. That was a very nice compliment, Haro.
Bullfrog, I would die to find driftwood like you have found on the beaches, and bamboo, too. Such neat finds. I need to walk the woods by my friend's house soon, and see what treasures we can find by the stream that flows through her property. Maybe find some driftwood there, but not nearly as pretty as what you have found.
And, that salsa looks yummy!!!

Reaction score
The bamboo gets really big here, this is a small piece...

yonten2056_zps554fd582.jpg

Reaction score
At each joint there is a thin membrane, easily knocked out with a hammer and a piece of pvc pipe

yonten2054_zps0cf98e18.jpg

Reaction score
Multiple coats of varnish (barnice) might preserve the color, keep it from turning grey and protect it from the water....

yonten2006_zps38a8ae1e.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have so much there to work w/and it's all there just for the taking. Nice size bamboo and what ya gonna make w/ it? You've got lots of projects going all at once. I see you have a very pretty white bird in the cage. Does it just stay there w/o wandering off? I imagine the wings are clipped but even so he/she won't just decide to tale a long walk out there in the jungle to see what the ChaCha birdies are all squawking about?

Reaction score
The cage is for our small dog "Athena" to keep her from becoming supper when we run into town. The bamboo is going to be the stand for a fountain, birdbath. This will be the base/reservoir...

fountain001_zps49b15df8.jpg

The pvc pipe will run down through the bamboo as well as the small hose from the pump and the water will be pumped up into this sink. The pattern on the inside matched the reservoir

fountain002_zpsfad55575.jpg

Hopefully, when I'm done the water will come from the fishes mouth, into the sink, then back down to the reservoir and recirculate...

fish001_zps06ba6c23.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful pieces of art Bullfrog..........what a neat idea to do w/ them. Will be fun to see how it turns out.

I guess I was seeing things when I looked at that cage................could swear I see a white bird in there,little dark eyeball and kind of sitting lengthwise in the back..............think its just whatever is behind it,white, outside the cage bleeding through :razz:

Reaction score
I put a 90 on the bottom for the drain...

IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/Ditchdoctor/newpaamul/birdbath001_zps99e20b37.jpg[/IMG]

Cut a notch for the drain..

birdbath002_zps88dcebf2.jpg

And another for the suction of the pump..

birdbath005_zpsd219792f.jpg

I duct taped the drain line to the suction hose and ran them through...

birdbath006_zpsdc6095e6.jpg

Then filled in real good with a lot of silicone. This will keep water out of the inside of the bamboo and the exterior is pretty well protected with the varnish...

birdbath007_zpsbb39c8b1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, that's going to be really cool, you are VERY handy, Bullfrog!
JW, I had to look back at the cage, thought I had missed something, thought it was an empty cage. But, when I looked closely again, I saw exactly what you described, but still thought it was something from behind the cage. You have good eyes to have noticed that in the beginning, though! Bullfrog needs a pretty parrot, though, for his Pirates' Tale. :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well same for us women too Bullfrog and you men seem to always want to have one of us hanging around :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Good comeback, Bullfrog! I agree, birds are messy and stinky. You have to really adore birds and parrots to have one, I think. My sister has had numerous birds in her life, still has a Green Front Amazon (I think that's what it's called) that she raised from a baby, and one of those gray birds with the red tail feathers, can't remember the name. Anyhow, the green bird is Kiwi and he talks up a storm, she taught him many many things to say and do and he's a riot! Merlin is the other parrot, very expensive, but she got him free, his previous owner's daughter was allergic. But, he's not beautiful, he plucked all his fathers ... ALL of them but what he can't pluck on his head! He's soooo ugly. And, that room stinks all the time, can't help it! You would have to clean it twice a day to keep the smell down. They need to teach birds to poop in a litter pan. LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok,Ok then NO birds allowed and guess you have enough in your back yard to deal with anyways :razz:

Ask a Question