Climbing plant/vine suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United States
Trying to hide the white gravity pipe using a hardy climbing plant or vine for zone 6. I don't mind if it grows on to the fence but I was thinking it might be possible to wrap around the white pipe to hide it a little better. Net always comes off in the spring. Any suggestions?

20220409_173134.jpg

Cichlidboy

Dandridge TN cichlids not goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Heavenly blue morning vine, major wheeler red honeysuckle,poor man's ginseng,wisteria that is just a couple that will grow in zone 5 and up that are pretty and low maintenance once they are established but some may be invasive so you need to check not really sure

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CLEMATIS has beautiful large flowers a controllable vine unlike most others ,be careful what you ask for

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I wonder if you could find a tall, skinny planter to tuck in there next to the wall. You could plant it with something that would fill out and also trail down. That might do a good job of hiding the plumbing, once the plants grew and filled out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
build a flower box around it with the pipe in it then fill around it with dirt and fowersl

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No suggestions (I’m plant challenged), but you might want to reconsider wrapping a plant or vine around the pipe. Instead, I would just plant something in front of it. Why? You will, at some point, need access to that pipe. Maybe, wrap some landscape fabric over it to “hide” it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What about those hanging bag pots where you stuff a plant in the pocket lift it right off when you need to

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder if you could find a tall, skinny planter to tuck in there next to the wall. You could plant it with something that would fill out and also trail down. That might do a good job of hiding the plumbing, once the plants grew and filled out.
That's a great idea.

Reaction score
Country
United States
No suggestions (I’m plant challenged), but you might want to reconsider wrapping a plant or vine around the pipe. Instead, I would just plant something in front of it. Why? You will, at some point, need access to that pipe. Maybe, wrap some landscape fabric over it to “hide” it.
Didn't think of that. Oftentimes I do make my way back there to clean out falling leaves and debris so I still need access to the area

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
Honestly, I would buy a young version of a small potted shrub tolerant to your zone (like one that gets maybe 2 feet tall) and let it grow up in front or around the pipe instead of trying to use a vine for coverage. This has always ended up working out better for me than trying to use vines.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
You could paint it, or maybe cut off the bottom and part of a side of a decorative pot to go over the pipe, so you can take it off if you need.
For my upright bog cleanout pipe, I made a hollow cylindrical art piece that slips over the PVC (I made two; you can see them both in the pic) and that works well.

Attachments

• bog cover.JPG
    bog cover.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Country
United States
You could paint it, or maybe cut off the bottom and part of a side of a decorative pot to go over the pipe, so you can take it off if you need.
For my upright bog cleanout pipe, I made a hollow cylindrical art piece that slips over the PVC (I made two; you can see them both in the pic) and that works well.
Cute idea!

Cichlidboy

Dandridge TN cichlids not goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Very nice SarahT

Ask a Question