cloudy pond

Reaction score
hello all,

recently in the last 4 days the pond went cloudy here in philly. i have a uv filter and up to 4 days ago it was crystal clear to the bottom.

Temps here have been back and forth, but getting warmer at night. i was wondering if this is normal for a weather change.

when my white pond lights are on the water looks greenish, so i assume this is some kind of algae bloom

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you say cloudy but then say green .Is your uv working right is the bulb good and is the water going through it slow enough .I have never used a uv .Are you in pond lights led as the other ones get very hot and just add to the bloom .I agree test test ,It is normal for this time of the year .

Reaction score
the uv light does glow at night so i assume the bulb is good. the uv is about one year old.

i think i might of figured out what the problem was. the uv pump got clogged with some algae and what i am thinking was that there probably wasnt enough water getting through.

just a thought here is the pic as of today.

Ask a Question