Cloudy water, which quilt batting to use ?

Reaction score
Hi all !

So I still have that problem of muddy stream and when heavy rains happen the muddy water runs into my pond.

The company was supposed to come last week to install a clothe at the end of the stream to filter and stop the mudd but... they never came.

I'm so pissed !

They just make me waste my time and ruin my pond.

I found this product :

http://www.fabric.co...-90-x-108-.aspx

Can I use it ? They recommend to wash and treat... I guess for any "normal" use... but for what I intend to do do I need to do something special before I install it ?
I don't think this fabric is treated in anyway, it's just cotton and bamboo right ?

basically the water from the stream is gonna go through and hopefully be filtered (mud and clay).

I was planning to lay down 2 or 3 layers...

Any advice is welcome I'm frustrated ... Just when my pond was looking good again this crap is driving me crazy !

thx again ! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the sight just says sorry .I just use quilt batting from walmart at about 8 dollars for a roll of it

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used the quilt batting to get rid of the pea gravel dust after we got the larger pump running, worked great.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just use a second pump and put a crate in my pond with a crate on top with quilt batting in it and a hose from the pump into it .I am doing it right now in my stock tank

Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek: thx... sissy I'm not even sure I understand what it is you're doing lol I still have a ton of tricks to learn !

right now my plan is to remove all the rocks, clean, lay the quilt batting, raise it up on the sides... put the rocks back.

Gonna check and see if I find the walmart one that you have.

Addy I hope it works for my plan... that's what koiguy I think advised me to do on the other topic.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
green crate is holding up grey crate and the grey crate is filled with quilt batting and the hose from the pump is in the quilt batting and picks up all the fine stuff in the stock tank .The bigger hose I just threw in the stock tank so the wind would not blow it away .

Reaction score
Ho Ok I see.... So what if foe a moment I put a piece of Quilt batting in my filter.... just the time for the water to clear up....

I Have to figure out a crate system like yours... but hopefully fixing the stream will stop that issue... :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You cn buy those crates at walmart for around 5 dollars a piece and i have even done a hole in 2 of them and put the pump and fountain part right up the middle of them and keep it handy for any time i need it .i hope the come and fix it as we really had some heavy rain last night and this morning .

Reaction score
the thing is removing the hose from the filter is a pain... they screwed it so hard I've never been able to unscrew it... and with the pregnancy my contorsion movements are kind of limited lol

ho but I just realized I have an extra pump ! I might be able to build something up ! I have a crate like that... also ! haha !

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
laundry baskets work and i always use 2 pumps as you never know when one will go bad .I went to ollies last week and they had a lot of kits with 210 gph pumps for 29.99 .I used to stack laundry baskets on top of each other .And yes the belly can get in the way and as you get bigger it will get less easy .

Reaction score
Ho good to know for the pumps... what's funny is that it all came together in a dream lol I dreamt on how to organize my pump and baskets etc... now I totally get everything I see in your pic lol funny how the brain works.

Thx again for your help :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep and remember now you are thinking for two .It really takes a little thinking on some stuff done on here by ponders but after a couple of years you will be an old hand at it and as your baby grows up so will your fish and pond and what great bonding time you will all have by the pond .Fish swimming always delight babies .Thats why they say if you have a fussy baby get a small fish bowl and a fish and the baby will just forget the fussing and watch the fish .I had a fish tank when my second son was born and when I would sit him in his bouncy seat near the tank he would just laugh and giggle with legs and arms going and then next he would be asleep ,.Got great home movies with him in front of it also .

Reaction score
Ho you're so right lol If the baby is anything like me... water and aquatic life will have a great power on him/her . I will have a great excuse to sit and relax by the pond lol
:)
It's so cool you can share that with your children :)

As for the basket yes it a little laundry basket that I have... I have to stop at the hardware store today to get some pipes or hose :)

Ask a Question