Cold water parasite/fungal treatments for sick Koi (2 now)

charrold

Big Fish in a Little Pond
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So the fish I pulled out a while back with the white stuff on him is back to health and ready to get cooled off and put back into the pond, HOWEVER, while preparing for this excericse I found another one laying on the bottom, listless and respirating slowly with a few of the grey/white "sores"(not really sure what they are - they look like a super-sized zit) on the sides.

It is in the second "bed" in my Koi infirmary, but the obvious issue is that one is a coincidence, two is an outbreak, so I am sure I need to treat the pond now even thought the water is still on in the low 30's. My thought is to get a liquid version of the drop-in tablets I used for the patients I have and turn on my filter. Most nights are staying above freezing now so the freeze danger (I hope) is passed.

Anyone with thoughts, advice, success/failure stories? So far I figure I have been pretty lucky, but it is thanks to a lot of research and input from the community!

Thanks, as always, in advance.

charrold

Big Fish in a Little Pond
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
UPDATE

Patient 2 died last night - definitely some kind of bacterial.

I fired up the filter, but I honestly don't think it matters, I am running under the assumption the rest are likely dead at this point. :)

Anybody give me some ideas as to why a perfectly healthy summer pond can go so horribly wrong over the winter and what I can do to prevent it next year?

Ask a Question