Common Green Darner Dragonfly video

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hey, I love dragonflies (frogs, butterflies, birds, etc. ... you get the idea) and was watching those jumbo dragonflies all morning around my ponds, but those suckers never seem to land! I wanted a pic so bad, I was doing point and shoots to see if I could get one in mid air!
Well, lo and behold, one did land, but that was just the beginning of the fun. I spotted a mated pair flying tandem and grabbed my camera. After about 30 pics and 8 videos, this is the best of the videos, of course the last one I took. It's two pairs laying eggs in my lilies in the koi pond, only about 12-18" apart from each other! How cool is that??!!! Only bad thing is I read that they reach under the water, slit the stem, and deposit the eggs in the stem. I have a feeling this may be part of my lily problem this year.
I think I have the YouTube video done correctly, looks like it's set to "public" so should be visible. Enjoy!

Ask a Question